Pearl Cotton: Get it by the Ball
Le 31 October 2016
- Fabric 8x8”
- Embroidery hoop 7”
- Embroidery scissors
- DMC embroidery needle size 5
- DMC Pearl Cotton 116 n. 8 color 739
- DMC Pearl Cotton 116 n. 8 color 553
- DMC Pearl Cotton 116 n. 8 color 334
- DMC Pearl Cotton 116 n. 8 color 3328
- DMC Pearl Cotton 116 n. 8 color 702
- DMC Pearl Cotton 116 n. 8 color 307
- DMC Pearl Cotton 116 n. 8 color 893
- DMC Pearl Cotton 116 n. 8 color 913
- DMC Pearl Cotton 116 n. 8 color 996
- DMC Pearl Cotton 116 n. 8 color 740
- DMC Pearl Cotton 116 n. 8 color 210
- DMC Pearl Cotton 116 n. 8 color 742
- Embroidery transfer pen
- Transfer the design to the fabric.
- Place the fabric in the embroidery hoop and tighten.
- Embroider the design following the pattern using 1 strands of DMC Pearl Cotton 116 n. 8.
- Make sure your fabric is nice and taut. Trim the fabric down to about ¼” to ½” from the hoop. While you are cutting just press the fabric down over the edge of the hoop.
- Glue the edges of the fabric onto the back of the hoop.
- Now your hoop is ready to be displayed.
- Place a pin in the fabric (to mark the top of the picot, B). Bring the needle up at point A, wrap it around the pin and take it down at point C.
- Bring the needle through halfway between point A and C.
- Wrap the thread around the pin again.
- 6. 7. Weave backwards and forwards across the shape, from top to bottom.
- Push the thread up with the needle as you work to ensure the rows are tightly packed.
- Continue to the bottom of the shape, finishing the stitch in the center of the base, and tucking the thread up underneath the weave.
- Remove the pin and bend the picot upwards.
Pearl Cotton—Get it by the SkeinIt’s springtime here at the DMC offices. Sure, it’s November and we’re all wearing sweaters and long pants, but since making individual balls of Pearl Cotton, size 8, available on our site, we can see sunny skies and hear birds chirping. We love this floss for its silkiness, its softness, and its overall fabulosity. Since we’re all feeling a little lighter today, we thought we’d offer up a pattern that is sure to put a “spring” in your step! It’s a gorgeous floral design that will brighten up any area of your home. We also love it because it really sets the stage for the Pearl Cotton floss to shine. Happy we-know-it’s-not spring! The pattern is available for download below.
Pearl Cotton Flower Pattern[caption id="attachment_5356" align="aligncenter" width="800"] Supplies for creating this glorious floral pattern.[/caption] Finished measurements: approx 7” diameter Supplies: