Embroidered Cloud Felt Wall Hanging
Le 30 September 2015
- Rainbow of Woolly Yarn
- White Felt
- Light blue embroidery floss
- Embroidery needles
- Black embroidery floss
- Pillow stuffing
- a piece of cardstock cut in the shape of a cloud to use as a template
- (not shown) clear jewelry wire available at most craft stores
- Trace the cloud template onto the felt
- Cut out the template shape twice.
- Use the pencil to draw in the eyes of the cloud
- Following your pencil line, use a simple backstitch to create eyelids and eyelashes
- To create the eyelashes, just freehand it . They don’t need to be perfect!
- Thread the needle with light blue embroidery floss and begin using a backstitch to stitch together the edges of the two cloud shapes.
- Once you’ve stitched around the majority of the pillow, place stuffing inside then stitch up the remainder of the edge to close it off.
- Begin creating small tassels by wrapping the yarn around your hand as shown
- Tie off the top of the tassel
- Cut the bottom of the tassel and then wrap yarn around the upper portion of the tassel (not shown)
- Thread tassels onto clear wire tying each one onto the wire with a knot to keep it from sliding down.