The Stitch People Virtual Gathering
- 14 Aida Fabric in a color of your choosing. Lizzy likes Antique White!
PRO TIP: If you're feeling fancy, you can try using a 28 count linen like this - just remember it's twice as small as 14 count Aida fabric, so you need to look a little closer to create your stitches to be the same size as you'd stitch on 14 count Aida!
- A variety of colors of 6-strand embroidery floss.
PRO TIP: "Do-It-Yourself Stitch People" has a comprehensive list of Color Recommendations in the Resources section of the book, but you don't have to stick to just that! Choose the colors that will best suit your needs to stitch your Stitch People portrait!
- A hoop to secure your work. Lizzy likes this simple Bamboo Hoop.
- Embroidery Needles. Lizzy likes size 5 embroidery needles as opposed to tapestry needles which aren't pointed at the end. The sharp point allows for more details!
- Scissors or clippers are a must. Lizzy loves our elegant peacock scissors.
If you're unfamiliar with creator Lizzy Dabcynski-Bean, she started her business hand stitching and selling finished portraits. Starting on June 1st, our friends over at Stitch People; the Cross-stitch Family Portrait company are hosting 5 days of cross-stitch filled fun! Tickets are available here.
Start exercising those needle fingers now! You’ll need the strength as you learn all kinds of new techniques. Each day will see a different expert presenter there to teach you new skills such as adding texture to your cross-stitched pets, how to give your Stitch People portraits meaning with decorative elements and thoughtful design, and how to stitch on new and unique surfaces you may never have tried before!
Not only that but your ticket will also give you exclusive free digital goodies and discounts, the opportunity to ask the questions you’ve always wanted answers to and best of all, meet stitchers just like you who have a passion for cross-stitching.
With a ticket purchase, you can watch live, or watch recorded classes later if you're unable to join in real-time!