Modern Stitched Mistletoe
Le 21 December 2015
- Embroidery Floss in green and red
- Embroidery Needles
- Cream or white felt
- Green Felt
- Embroidery transfer pen
- Glue gun (not shown)
- Cut the cream felt into a circle that is slightly larger than the embroidery hoop, then place the felt snuggly into the hoop. I love stiching on to felt because it can be really unforgiving and gives the project a little texture and softness.
- Use the water soluable marker to write “muah” directly onto the felt. This pen is magical! It glides across the textured felt and if you mess up, just wipe it with water and it disappears. I love it!!
- Thread the embroidery needle with red floss and begin using a backstitch to follow the lines of your writing. The backstitch is a simple stitch and will only take you about 20-30 minutes to finish the word.
- Once you’re done, flip over the project and add hot glue to the inside edge of the embroidery hoop
- You can finish the back of the project by gluing another circle. This will give everything a nice neat look.
- Now for the greenery! Cut a bunch of holly shaped leaved from green felt and then use the green embroidery floss and a backstitch to stitch down the middle of each leaf.
- Use the glue gun to arrange a pretty bunch of leaves at the top of the embroidery hoop –