Holiday Handmade: Tiny Embroidery Snowflake Ornaments
Le 13 October 2015
- 1 - 3” embroidery hoop
- 5” square of Charles Craft Gold Standard Aida, 14ct, black
- 1 skein of DMC Metallic Pearl thread, color #5283
- 2 Decorative Buttons
- 24 Small pearl beads, optional
- Thread to match pearls, optional
- Thin Beading Needle *that will fit through pearl beads
- DMC Tapestry Needle, size 20
- DMC Embroidery Scissors
- Hot Glue
- 2 - 14” pieces of lace
- 2 - 3” circles of felt
- Place black Aida in embroidery hoop.
- Using pattern, stitch snowflake onto Aida using a back stitch with the Metallic Pearl embroidery thread and a tapestry needle.
- Using the beading needle, stitch the pearls randomly around the outside of the snowflake to resemble tiny snowflakes. Alternatively, you can create a similar effect by stitching French Knots with the Metallic Pearl Floss around the large snowflake.
- Trim the Aida to a circle 1/2” larger than the embroidery hoop. Using a hot glue gun, glue the excess Aida to the back, inside of the embroidery hoop.
- Glue the circle of felt to the back of the hoop.
- Glue the button in place in the center of the snowflake. (Hint: If your decorative button has a shank, cut this part off with small wire cutters.)
- Feed the piece of lace through the top section of the embroidery hoop and knot the lace at the ends.