Dream Catcher DIY
Le 26 July 2016
Crafts|Free DIY Projects
- Prism threads
- Embroidery Hoop
- Make some tassels to decorate the dream catcher. Use a skein of prism for every tassel.
- Tie 5-inch thread into a tight knot around middle of the skein.
- Pull ends of 5-inch thread upward and wound threads downward. Cut through looped ends, and adjust into tassel shape.
- Cut a 12-inch length of thread to wrap the tassel neck. Wrap slowly, working from the bottom of the neck up.
- After wrapping neck, pass end of thread through loop and gently close loop, tucking ends into the head of the tassel.
- Trim tassel ends.
- Use the tie-off threads on top of the tassel to attach it to your project. Legend has it, The Chippewa native tribes believe that the night is full of both good and bad dreams. The good dreams knowing their way, pass through the opening in the center while the bad dreams get caught in the webbing and are destroyed at the first light of morning sun. Put your beautiful custom handmade dream catchers. Happy Dreaming! Love and Threads, The Commonthread Team
We love dream catchers because while the designs and legends of dream catchers differ slightly, the underlying meaning and symbolism is universal and carried across cultures and language barriers.This project is brought to you in partnership with Soul Camp East the all-inclusive wellness sleepaway camp for adults. Get the free project below. Interested in partnering with us on an article? Email us at Commonthread@dmcus.com.