DIY Pomeranian Pillow
Le 26 August 2015
- Begin by loosely sketching out your dog's face. Remember, this whole dog pillow project is all about having fun and being free while painting and stitching. Make sure to let loose and don't worry about going outside of the lines when painting. We free-handed this with a black felt tip marker and painted Marni's face with paint.
- Cut half an inch around the face of the pillow. This will be the front of the pillow and the extra seam allowance will help you sew it together.
- We took the DMC Embroidery thread and highlighted her fur by making it look 3D. We also gave Marni black eyelashes and basted in black around her whole face
- Now cut the back of the fabric. We took the velvet and cut the back of the fabric by just tracing the face with the velvet facing flat on the table. You want two of the same shapes for the head.
- We hand stitched the front and back pieces together. Hand stitch the two right sides together with little tiny stitches. Leave some room at the the top of the pillow to flip it inside out. Once the pillow is flipped inside out, you can then stuff it with the pillow stuffing.
- Then you can finish up by sewing the last ear up and adding on those whiskers!