DIY Crochet Sun Coasters
Le 18 August 2015
- Chain stitch 4.
- Slip stitch back through the first chain stitch to create a circle.
- Chain stitch 3. This will act as your first double crochet in this round.
- Double crochet 11 more stitches in the center of the circle you made in step 2. 12 total.
- Slip stitch through the top of the first chain of 3 to form the first circle round.
- Continue with your yellow yarn and chain stitch 3 again. This will act as your first double crochet (dc) in this round.
- Double crochet into the same stitch just to the left of where you chained, so there are now 2 in the same space.
- Continue to double crochet 2 stitches into each of the remaining holes from the previous round. 24 total.
- Slip stitch through the top of the first chain of 3 to form the second circle round.
- Chain stitch 2. This will act as your first half double crochet (hdc). Stitch one more hdc into that same space as your chain of 2.
- Continue to hdc 2 stitches through each space, for a total of 48 (including your first 2 from #10)
- Slip stitch through the top of the first chain of 2 to form the third circle round.
- Chain stitch 5.
- Going back down the chain of 5, skip the first stitch, single crochet (sc) 1 stitch, half double crochet (hdc) 1 stitch, double crochet (dc) 1 stitch, triple crochet (tc) 1 stitch. This will create your triangle.
- Once you have your triangle, count 5 of the half double crochet (hdc) stitches and single crochet (sc) after the 5th hdc. This will attach your triangle to the round.
- Single crochet 1 more stitch into the next hole.
- Chain stitch 4 stitches from that last single crochet stitch. NOTE: For the second triangle (and all those after) chain stitch only 4. The sc from the previous counts as 1 stitch.
- Repeat step 14. 15. 16. 17. for each of the triangles. You’ll have a total of 8 triangles for this pattern.See the orange sun for a closer look at the triangles and the 2 sc stitches between each triangle.
- End your last sc crochet stitch on the last hole before joining the circle of triangles with a slip stitch. Tie off the slip stitch and cut your yarn.
- Use your yarn needle to thread and hide all the tails.