Break out the Red, White and Blue as you get ready for another wet, hot, American Summer. That's right, Summer's here and you know what that means - its BBQ and pool party season! Follow the instructions below for our free American Flag friendship bracelet project.
- DMC PRISM® Jumbo Party Floss Pack, Red, White and Blue
OPTIONAL MATERIALS FOR EMBELLISHING
- Round natural wood beads 8 mm (2)
- Flat round natural wood spacer beads 8 mm (4)
- Silver tube bail 12 mm (1)
- Silver jump ring 6 mm (1)
- Silver charm (1)
- Silver starburst double hole button 5/8” (1)
- Chain nose pliers
- Needle nose pliers
- Clear nail polish
- Plastic or cardboard floss bobbins
Note: For an easy measure, hold the end of the thread in one hand, stretch it across your full arm span, and cut where you grasp it with the opposite hand. This is between 5 and 6 feet on most adults.
For added embellishments (optional)
1. Slide on one round wood bead and tie an overhand knot next to the bead as in illustration.
2. Gather all threads together, tie in an overhand knot close to the knotting, and then slide on the spacer beads and tube bail as shown.
3. Tie an overhand knot close to the last spacer bead and continue knotting another 6 inches. Tie an overhand knot close to the knotted portion.
4. Slide on one round wood bead and tie an overhand knot next to the bead to secure it.
5. Trim the threads close to the last knot and secure with a dab of nail polish.
6. Use the pliers to open the jump ring and attach the charm to the bail. Use the pliers to close the jump ring.
Love and Threads,
The Commonthread Team